Clow Valve Company’s roots date back to 1878. Then known as James B. Clow & Sons, the company was a jobber of wrought iron pipe and other foundry products. In 1890, Clow added fire hydrants and waterworks valves to its line by becoming a distributor for the Eddy Valve Company of Waterford, NY.
In the 1940’s, Clow purchased the Eddy Valve Company and the Iowa Valve Company of Oskaloosa, IA. The combination of these two companies enable Clow to become national in scope, making further expansion possible. In 1972, Rich Manufacturing Company of Corona, CA was acquired. This added the wet barrel fire hydrant to Clow’s already significant product line of waterworks products.
In 1985, McWane, Inc. purchased all of Clow Corporation’s stock and Clow became a wholly owned subsidiary. In 1996, the Waterworks Division of Long Beach Iron Works was acquired by Clow, adding to the extensive fire hydrant line.
Today, Clow Valve Company operates at two locations; Oskaloosa, IA and Corona, CA. The Oskaloosa plants include iron and brass foundries, a machine shop, assembly, finished goods warehousing, shipping and administrative offices. The Corona plant manufactures and assembles wet barrel fire hydrants and maintains inventories of other Clow products. We are proud to continue our history of offering manufactured products that comply with "Made in the USA" requirements.